Social Media

10 Must-Know Social Media Tips for Small Businesses

Social media changes the way we communicate. In business, it has become an effective place to create engagement with people. If you are planning to get social media for business  to promote your business, remember that there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are the top ones:

1. Know your followers.

So your picture is really stunning and that blog post is very informational. But how come they are not getting any likes? It could be that your content is not something your target audience can’t relate to. Before creating anything, it’s a must that you keep your target audience in mind.

2. Act according to your goals.

  1. For every move you are planning to do in social media, it is important that they are in line with your goals in business. By coming up with goals, it becomes more convenient for you to measure your objectives in terms of engagement.

3. Give value.

  1. You will not likely get any follower if you are only talking about yourself all the time. Instead of focusing on “you” as a brand, make your content valuable to the people who might be reading it.

    4. Make a Google+ page.

  1. Many small businesses are not doing this. But did you know that a Google Plus page can do wonders for your business. It has the same features as other more popular platforms such as Facebook. But it can definitely improve your result on Google Search engine.

5. Be active.

Part of your commitment in using social media is having a consistent presence. Your followers expect that you are always just a message away and that you reply instantly to their concerns.

6. Be real but also be creative.

  1. It’s tempting to use stock images because they are easy to get. But in social media, people prefer those who are authentic in every aspect, from the status to the photos being shared.

7. Choose one platform and excel in it.

  1. You don’t have to spend all your time trying to be active on too many social media networks. Prioritize the one that is accurate for your niche.

8. Make sure not to over-promote.

  1. Constantly asking people to buy your product or avail your service might sound spammy for your followers. Therefore, limit your promotional posts. In fact, it’s recommended that your promotions should account for 20% of your posts and the remaining 80% should be about your social responsibilities.

9.Urge your followers to review or leave a comment.

  1. Your pages can be the best avenue to get reviews and comments from your target audience. How about bad reviews? It’s highly likely that people will post a review from a negative experience, but don’t take it personally. Getting a bad review about your brand is a way to reach out to your followers on a more personal level.

10. Get help from apps and tools.

  • You will waste a lot of time doing things manually. Make use of automating apps and scheduling tools. Having a content calendar also prevents you from having panic-posts that are definitely a no-no in social media!
Back to top button